January 21, 2009

Hambüchen Confirmed for American Cup

Fabian Hambüchen has confirmed that he will compete at the American Cup in February. According to the DTB site, the young German has recovered sufficiently from the little finger surgery he underwent in December to make an appearance in Chicago.

Photobucket
(Photo: Eurosport)

"My finger feels completely normal, and for the last 2 weeks I've put as great a burden on it as I normally would. Training is going very well. As far as that's concerned, I really look forward to [the competition] and will give it my all in Chicago," the horizontal bar world champion told the DTB site.

Germany's female competitor in Chicago will be announced next week.

2 comments:

  1. Three new entries, all in one night? Don't burn yourselves out, girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's one of the gymnasts I am most excited about seeing live at the Cup. He is awesome.

    ReplyDelete